Girls Are Powerful (GRP) is launching its Mentor Program, which will bring together girls ages 8-17 of all races, cultures, and lived experiences to discover and embrace their identities and use their power to positively impact their communities. This program will connect groups of girls with Peer Mentors and Adult Mentors, who will guide participants through a three-year curriculum within a safe environment for sharing and growth. GRP will launch the program virtually in the fall of 2022.
The Communications Specialist will create and implement the communication & marketing plan for GRP’s Mentor Program. This role will use existing GRP communications channels as well as suggest new communications channels to create awareness and promote the program with the ultimate goal of securing participants.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month, 1 Year Commitment* with option to renew
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating and implementing overall communication and marketing plan
- Identifying and implementing new channels to promote the program
- Creating, maintaining and overseeing execution of communication and marketing activities calendar
- Write content for both print and web including promotional materials, website, blog, brochures, campaigns, and newsletter.
- Develop content for the website, newsletters, and social media sites.
- Partnering with GRP team members, including Community Outreach Coordinator, Social Media Specialist, Graphic Designer and Core GRP Mentorship Planning Team to unite all communications efforts including PR, social media, community outreach and traditional marketing.
- Directing the creation of marketing materials needed to promote program and overseeing the dispersal of these marketing materials, including directing website updates
- Establishing communications goals and reporting results
- Performing other duties that may arise from the mentoring program that are necessary for program success
- Make sure that all promotional and marketing materials meet the organization’s brand identity strategy.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
It is expected that the candidate for this position has all or most of the following:
- Experience in marketing/communications for non-profit or similar role
- Ability to both lead and collaborate with GRP team members in execution of plan
- Excellent written, presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of marketing analytics
- Ability to work digitally; access to personal computer/phone
In addition, all candidates should possess a desire and a commitment to empower and encourage the lives of the next generation of girls. Provide leadership, vision, and direction to Girls Are Powerful to ensure the organization meets the needs of the participants, volunteers and the community with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of women and girls in our community.