Girls Are Powerful (GRP) is launching its Mentor Program, which will bring together girls ages 8-17 of all races, cultures, and lived experiences to discover and embrace their identities and use their power to positively impact their communities. This program will connect groups of girls with Peer Mentors and Adult Mentors, who will guide participants through a three-year curriculum within a safe environment for sharing and growth. GRP will launch the program virtually in the fall of 2022.
The Social Media Copywriter will create and develop written content for a social media strategy with the goal of increasing overall reach and brand awareness. This position is part of a team that includes a Content Manager and Graphic Designer. The Social Media Copywriter will use Girls Are Powerful social media outlets to promote campaigns, engage the public, and increase online presence. This role is 100% remote.
Time Commitment: Up to 20 hours per month, 1 Year Commitment* with option to renew
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create flawless and engaging written content for use across GRP social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Assist with development of the social media strategy
- Execute social media marketing campaigns, programs, and promotions
- Reflect GRP voice and tone in all communications
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
It is expected that the candidate for this position will possess all or most of the following:
- Degree in or pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or Liberal Arts
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience with social media management and analytical tools
- Knowledge of web design, web development, CRO, and SEO
- Excellent communication skills with a strong command of grammar and mechanics
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Positive, detail-oriented, and customer-focused, with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations knowledge is a plus
In addition, all candidates should possess a desire and commitment to empower and encourage the lives of the next generation of girls. Successful candidates will seek to provide leadership, vision, and direction to Girls Are Powerful to ensure that the organization meets the needs of the participants, volunteers, and the community, with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of women and girls in our community are essential for success in this role.