Girls Are Powerful (GRP) is a 501(c)3 organization that empowers girls to foster strength of character by changing the way they view and feel about themselves in a positive way and by embracing their unique individuality. We create a mindset shift in the way girls and young women think and act.
The Volunteer Coordinator will be an organization-wide volunteer who will partner with GRP leadership to plan and lead volunteer recruitment, intake, training, management, and retention. In this role, the coordinator will establish connections with potential volunteers as well as onboard and support volunteers committed to the organization. This position is unpaid and 100% remote.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month, 1 Year Commitment* with option to renew
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit volunteer roles for the organization’s needs
- Provide ongoing support to organization volunteers once onboarded
- Maintain the organization’s volunteer contacts and information database
- Maintain volunteer Outlook inbox and calendar and coordinate interviews with other GRP members as necessary
- Collaborate with team leads for all GRP programming
- Participate in ongoing online meetings
- Co-facilitate quarterly GRP volunteer meetings
- Perform other duties that are necessary for organizational success
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
It is expected that the candidate for this position has all or most of the following:
- Passion for people, establishing connections, and growing relationships
- Previous experience managing people
- Previous experience managing contact databases
- Knowledge of basic recruiting methods
- Ability to work digitally; access to personal laptop/phone
- Capacity to work independently
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, able to manage time and tasks well, and follow through on commitments
In addition, all candidates should possess a desire and a commitment to empower and encourage the lives of the next generation of girls. Successful candidates will seek to provide leadership, vision, and direction to Girls Are Powerful to ensure the organization meets the needs of the participants, volunteers, and the community with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of women and girls in our community are essential for success in this role.