Take some time for yourself and make something beautiful. Tap into your creativity and color a page or create an art project. Pay attention to how you feel before and after the coloring project, do you feel calmer? Happier? More positive? If so, you’re not alone! Art has been proven to reduce stress and anxiety and has many positive benefits.
Students are coming to the end of an exhausting year. It’s been the year of COVID-19, of economic crisis, of racial justice and equity, and political tensions. Students are spending even more time on screens as school, extracurricular activities and friendships have been moved online. Anxiety, stress and uneasiness about the future are at an all-time high.
This Winter, we want to encourage students to take a break, unplug and destress. One of the best ways to do that is through coloring and art. Coloring has been proven to help reduce stress and anxiety. It helps calm your brain down just like meditation and helps you get rid of negative thoughts as you take in positivity.
- Coloring is fun for all ages and has countless benefits.
- Did you know, coloring has been proven to help reduce stress and anxiety? Coloring helps calm your brain down just like meditation.
- Your often very busy brain experiences relief when you color and enters a meditative state.
- Coloring can help you get rid of negative thoughts as you take in positivity and achieve mindfulness.
- Taking a break from screens and coloring helps promote creativity instead of consumption.
Download the Coloring Sheet
Please submit your email address to download the coloring sheet.
Coloring and Activity Book